Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is a nonprofit 501c3 organization, established in 1997. All donations are tax deductible. The purpose of Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is to provide a volunteer effort to encourage continued interest in and support of the high school. Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School specifically will:
Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is a nonprofit volunteer operated organization, established in 1997. The purpose of the Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is to provide volunteer effort to encourage continued interest in and support of the high school. The Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School specifically will:
- (i) provide a central place for the interested public and
graduates to communicate and to be informed about
the school, thereby increasing awareness and
broadening interest in its programs and needs;
- (ii) provide a vehicle to collect moneys for scholarships and other material gifts to the school
- (iii) maintain a web site and a directory for the purpose of fostering communicati
Who Can Join the Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School website? - Alums and Teachers.
How Much Does it Cost to Join? - It is FREE to join.
However, we are seeking donations to pay for the 10-year subscription for the software provided through Class Creator. See Homepage or Donations on Menu - top of page. Certain classes have a reserve fund for reunion events. If you can spare $100-$500 to support the Alumni Association, it will help us to increase our services and enhance our site.
What services does the Alum site provide?
What Activities does the Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School Sponsor or perform?
Who are the primary contacts who maintain the site?
Who "Hosts" the site? The site is hosted with software provided by Class Creator.
What has Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School been up to since 1997?
Next Board Meeting will be late January 2020, 3:30pm -
Board of Directors Report
Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School
Paly Alumni Agenda/Board Minutes - September 23, 2019 - 3:30pm
Tower Building Patio
3:45 on the Tower patio
Members present: Eric, Pam, June, Lori, Edie, Diane Burke, Ralph
1. What’s Happening at Paly- Arne and/or Rachel
Neither could come so Edie update on enrollment etc.
2. Treasurer’s Report- Mary’s absence , Edie reported that our account, as of May, showed a balance of $12,216.99
Website –Everyone present has looked over the website. Many thanks to Pam for making it so beautiful and so up to date.
Summer newsletter report-We did not send out flyers or and them out at all reunions because we never got a date for Back to School Event .Suggest need for envelopes and more mailing
Back to School Event- Never held
Reunions and tours -Arne is giving great tours. Help needed
4. We have been asked to consider contributing to the $3000+ cost of maintaining the library /journalism online effort. Please think about it ahead of time.Read Campaniles on our website palyalumni.org.
We will need more information on this idea from Rachel.
5. Thanks to John for giving out scholarships
6. Annual election- The Board as it stands is reelected.
7. Recruit new members- please try to find some younger alums who might be interested.
8. We circulated a thinking of You card for Jim Drake so people could sign it. Jim is gravely ill. Since the meeting, Jim died on Sept.28. His help and ideas will be missed. All have been notified of his burial detatils
9.After most members left,we realized that this was Ralph’s last meeting because he is moving to Southern California. We wish him the best and invite him back anytime.
Website – everyone check palyalumni.net and join up.
Nov 2017 - Oct 2018
President: Edie Miller
Vice President: Lori Ann Hammar Sapigao
Secretary: June Casey
Treasurer: Mary Atwater
Members at Large: Ralph Britton, John Cabrera, Jim Drake, Kirsten Essenmacher, Nan Hagan, Kirsten Missett, Bob Strohecker; Historian, Bob French; Arne Lim, Staff Liaison and #1 Tour Guide; and Yee Lee - Tech Advisor.
Election of officers takes place annually at the October meeting. Currently the BOARD OF DIRECTORS meets three times a year to address special projects at Paly. We welcome participation by Alumni, parents of current and past Paly students as well as community members. Please consider donating your time to Paly! Contact Edie Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org