Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is a nonprofit 501c3 organization, established in 1997. All donations are tax deductible. The purpose of Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is to provide a volunteer effort to encourage continued interest in and support of the high school. Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School specifically will:
Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is a nonprofit volunteer operated organization, established in 1997. The purpose of the Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is to provide volunteer effort to encourage continued interest in and support of the high school. The Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School specifically will:
- (i) provide a central place for the interested public and
graduates to communicate and to be informed about
the school, thereby increasing awareness and
broadening interest in its programs and needs;
- (ii) provide a vehicle to collect moneys for scholarships and other material gifts to the school
- (iii) maintain a web site and a directory for the purpose of fostering communicati
Who Can Join the Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School website? - Alums and Teachers.
How Much Does it Cost to Join? - It is FREE to join.
However, we are seeking donations to pay for the 10-year subscription for the software provided through Class Creator. See Homepage or Donations on Menu - top of page. Certain classes have a reserve fund for reunion events. If you can spare $100-$500 to support the Alumni Association, it will help us to increase our services and enhance our site.
What services does the Alum site provide?
What Activities does the Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School Sponsor or perform?
Who are the primary contacts who maintain the site?
Who "Hosts" the site? The site is hosted with software provided by Class Creator.
What has Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School been up to since 1997?
Next Board Meeting will be Thurs., 14 June 2018, 4pm - Tower - Room 33
Board of Directors Report - March 1, 2018
Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School
Board Minutes - March 1, 2018
Room 33, Paly Tower 4PM
Present - Mary Atwater, Sally Raggio, Ralph Britton, Lori Ann Hammar Sapigao, Eric Seedman, John Cabrea, Melissa Anderson, Edie Miller, Rachel Kellerman, Bob Strohecker, Kirsten Essenmacher.
1. What’s Happening at Paly - Rachel described the plans for the remodeled library due to be completed in Jan 2019. She referred all to see the digitized collection of Madronos and Campaniles. Some Campaniles are missing so please ask friends in 70s and 80s . The project is about 80% done. Volunteers to help with scanning are most welcome. The new gyms are working out very well.
The STUDENT PRODUCTION OF VENTURE written by Paly’s Michael Najar will show for the next two weekends.Paly Principal is out on medical leave- there will be an interim person soon.The staff did a flashmob dance on the quad . Students loved it.It’s on YouTube.
2. Treasurer’s Report- Mary reported we now have $16,848.95, (before today’s expenses) having cashed in our CD. It was suggested that we continue to raise funds by sending annual mailings and distributing requests at Reunions.
3. Website – everyone check palyalumni.net and join up.
Edie asked the Board to please consider donating some alumni funds to the website which was initially provided by a loan which should be repaid. Board wished to wait and see if more people donate online. There is recognition that loan should be repaid.
4. CENTENNIAL - Edie, Bob and Rachel reported on the Centennial planning progress. Dates to remember include Aug 23, Oct 7, Career Week in late February 2019 and the Campanile/Gala in the spring. After discussion the Board voted to donate $500 to underwrite the Centennial. Hopefully this will prove a good example to others.
5. Scholarships - The Board voted to provide two- $1000 scholarships to 2018 graduates. John offered to present the awards again.
Nov 2017 - Oct 2018
President: Edie Miller
Vice President: Lori Ann Hammar Sapigao
Secretary: June Casey
Treasurer: Mary Atwater
Members at Large: Ralph Britton, John Cabrera, Jim Drake, Kirsten Essenmacher, Nan Hagan, Kirsten Missett, Bob Strohecker; Historian, Bob French; Arne Lim, Staff Liaison and #1 Tour Guide; and Yee Lee - Tech Advisor.
Election of officers takes place annually at the October meeting. Currently the BOARD OF DIRECTORS meets three times a year to address special projects at Paly. We welcome participation by Alumni, parents of current and past Paly students as well as community members. Please consider donating your time to Paly! Contact Edie Miller: email@example.com