Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is a nonprofit 501c3 organization, established in 1997. All donations are tax deductible. The purpose of Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is to provide a volunteer effort to encourage continued interest in and support of the high school. Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School specifically will:
Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is a nonprofit volunteer operated organization, established in 1997. The purpose of the Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School is to provide volunteer effort to encourage continued interest in and support of the high school. The Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School specifically will:
- (i) provide a central place for the interested public and
graduates to communicate and to be informed about
the school, thereby increasing awareness and
broadening interest in its programs and needs;
- (ii) provide a vehicle to collect moneys for scholarships and other material gifts to the school
- (iii) maintain a web site and a directory for the purpose of fostering communicati
Who Can Join the Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School website? - Alums and Teachers.
How Much Does it Cost to Join? - It is FREE to join.
However, we are seeking donations to pay for the 10-year subscription for the software provided through Class Creator. See Homepage or Donations on Menu - top of page. Certain classes have a reserve fund for reunion events. If you can spare $100-$500 to support the Alumni Association, it will help us to increase our services and enhance our site.
What services does the Alum site provide?
What Activities does the Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School Sponsor or perform?
Who are the primary contacts who maintain the site?
Who "Hosts" the site? The site is hosted with software provided by Class Creator.
What has Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School been up to since 1997?
Next Board Meeting will be late January, 2019, TBD - 4pm - Tower - Room 33
Board of Directors Report - October 2, 2018
Alumni and Friends of Palo Alto High School
Board Minutes - October 2, 2018
Room 33, Paly Tower 4PM
Present: Lori, Bob Strohecker, John, Kirsten E., Eric, Sally, Ralph, Pam West, Edie
1. What’s Happening at Paly- Edie gave a summary.
2. Treasurer’s Report- Mary was absent so Edie reported about $16,000 balance
Website – join now
Summer newsletter report- Handing out flyers at all reunions and to donors. Suggest need for envelopes and more mailing. Agreement that this is worth $$
Back to School Event- Thanks to all who helped
Reunions and Tours – Reunions so far for retired staff, 1968, 1988, 1963, 1961, 1958, 1978, 1998, 1973 and more to come.
Arne is giving great tours. Help needed! Please consider doing this next year.
4. Paly Centennial Plans-Edie, Bob- Report on plans for Oct 7 and save the date for March 23, 2019 Our big Centennial opening event was Welcome Back to School in August. March from Channing to Paly O, plus program Oct 7, then Gala in March
5. Thanks to John for giving out scholarships
6. Annual election - current slate approved.
7. Recruit new members- please try to find some younger alums who might be interested.
8. Other. Kirsten reported on election item- Item Z- raising 420 M for PAUSD. Asked for support etc.
Website – everyone check palyalumni.net and join up.
Nov 2017 - Oct 2018
President: Edie Miller
Vice President: Lori Ann Hammar Sapigao
Secretary: June Casey
Treasurer: Mary Atwater
Members at Large: Ralph Britton, John Cabrera, Jim Drake, Kirsten Essenmacher, Nan Hagan, Kirsten Missett, Bob Strohecker; Historian, Bob French; Arne Lim, Staff Liaison and #1 Tour Guide; and Yee Lee - Tech Advisor.
Election of officers takes place annually at the October meeting. Currently the BOARD OF DIRECTORS meets three times a year to address special projects at Paly. We welcome participation by Alumni, parents of current and past Paly students as well as community members. Please consider donating your time to Paly! Contact Edie Miller: email@example.com